If you think that your insurance company is not moving fast with your claim check and that is delaying your restoration work at home, you should hire a public adjuster. They take up all the duties necessary to get your claim processed and present your case to the insurance company. A good adjuster will ensure that you receive the maximum amount of a claim that can get.
Here are a few useful tips to help you choose a professional and reliable public insurance adjuster –
- The first thing you need to check is if the public adjuster is licensed by the state. Ask for their license number and verify it before moving forward. In addition, ask for his or her background and experience in this line of work. This will help you determine their expertise and their skill sets that can be of great help to you.
- Most of the businesses today will have a website of their own and this is the best way to do your research and get information about them. By looking at their website, you will be able to know who works for the business, get testimonials from their past clients, case studies and also free resources to help you understand your insurance claim. You can also check out online reviews to see if they had any complaints registered against them or not.
- When you meet the adjuster for the first time, you should not shy away from asking them about their business. Some of the important things that you should ask upfront includes their experience level, are they bonded and insured, do they have experience in making this type of claim and should you be communicating with the insurance company directly or it will be only through them. A good adjuster will answer each of the questions patiently and will not rush you into hiring them.
- Most of the public adjuster will provide you free evaluation of your claim. You should also discuss the details regarding their fees and the contract terms.
- Ensure that you set expectations from them on how you will receive updates on your claim. Ask them how they would be communicating you and how often. Insist on receiving copies of all the estimates and correspondence with the insurance company so that you are informed at every step.
- You should educate yourself and know about public adjusters and the services that they offer. You should also know the difference between a public adjuster and contractor. You should also research on the laws of the state
Experienced public insurance adjusters like http://www.benchmarkpa.com/ are experienced in their field and provide their clients with resources that help them in a negotiating a higher settlement.